Wednesday, April 22, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Audra from Catch Me if You Can

        Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

        Well, I was born in Wheeling, West Virginia, but moved to Charity because I love a challenge, and because I really like the people here. Plus, I missed my best friend Olivia. A lot. As for what I look like, well, it depends on what mood I’m in. I love changing my hair color and contacts to fit my mood. Livvy teases me because I wear contacts even though my vision is perfect. What can I say? I love being different. If you asked Olivia if I was different, she wouldn't hesitate to say, “Audie’s different alright.” LOL The thing I want to achieve most in my life is to make heaven more crowded. To be a light in a dark place and to show those around me the love of Christ through my actions and my love for them. And to not let fear keep you from doing what you love.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Anything adventurous because I love trying new things. And I love visiting waterfalls.

What is your favorite color and why?

Honestly, I don’t have a favorite because I think all the colors God created are SO beautiful. But if I had to pick just one…. Hmm let me think. Uh, probably pink because I really, really love pink roses.

What is your favorite food?

Oh that’s an easy one. Chocolate covered strawberries.

Why is it your favorite?

Duh, it’s chocolate. Need I say more? *smiling*

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I’m a firm believer in confronting ones fears instead of letting them keep you in bondage and hold you hostage. There are times when I even take huge risks in doing so. Drives my friend Olivia crazy. But she’ll get over it. Hehe *Waving profusely at ya, Livvy. Love ya, girl!*

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested.

His persistence in getting what he wants. I know you asked for a line, but I’m taking the liberty of adding a few more. Hope you don’t mind. What can I say? It must be the feistiness in me. *smiling*

“Well.” She slammed her drink on the seat. “Of all the nerve. You don’t even know me. I am not stuck up!”

“Prove it. Go out with me.”

Her big eyes widened. A smirk slowly curled her lips. “You’re on, Hotrod.”

He sat back, pleased with himself. “Good.”

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

Jesus Christ, of course. My best friend Olivia Cole and my family. And mustn't forget Barrett. As for what I’d do to keep them in my life… Well first of all, I wouldn't want them in my life if they didn't want to be there. Having said that, I would definitely go out of my way and my comfort zone to show them how much I love them, and spend quality time with them, getting to know them even more.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I would love to have Camara help me build my very own demolition derby car.  A 1966 Chevelle Super Sport to be exact. And I wouldn't even care if I got grease under my nails.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

Unfortunately, Debra exposed me pretty well. Nosey woman anyway, getting her head into my business. Shame on you, Debra Ullrick. *smiling* You could've at least hidden a few things from the readers instead of being such a tattletale about everything. I should have told her I was allergic to men. That would've fixed her. *Just teasin’, Debra.*

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.


Do your characters become real to you? And if so, do you miss them when you finish the book?

I love your question :) Actually, I have just finished the second draft of The Gift: A Parable of the Key due out in September, and am feeling a bit lonely about leaving Virginia behind. I have grown to love her like a neighbor as well as her husband, Richard, and dear sweet, Joy. But the 3 part series will be ending, and you know what they say, sometimes your best friend will move away but that doesn't mean you'll forget them in your heart. 

Thanks for asking!

***
Debra Ullrick, Christian romance author of...
NEW YORK TIMES & CBA BESTSELLER~A Log Cabin Christmas - novella - A Grand County Christmas
Reunited at Christmas
NEW RELEASE: Catch Me If You Can
Forewarned
The Unexpected Bride
The Unlikely Wife
Groom Wanted
The Unintended Groom 
Colorado Courtship - novella anthology - The Rancher's Sweetheart
Christmas Belles of Georgia - novella - Loving Stetson
Dixie Hearts
The Bride Wore Coveralls
Déjà vu Bride, sequel to - The Bride Wore Coveralls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.